How To Install Recurve Reflex Racing Handguards
Watch the video or check out the instructions below.
Read through these instructions to the end. Professional services may be required.
1. Cut a minimal amount off the end of the grips. Expose the end of the handlebar.
2. Loosen the throttle assembly. Slide the throttle tube out on the handlebar.
3. Drill the end of the throttle tube with a step drill bit. If a step drill bit is not available, then use a knife or a hack saw. Remove any material that may catch on the end of the bar.
4. Slide the tube back on to the bar. Leave a small amount approximately 1/8” of the bar exposed, then secure the throttle tube assembly and check for smooth operation.
5.Fasten the inner mounts to the handlebars in place of the stock handlebar clamps.
Note: The number plate on most Japanese bikes are designed to keep the brake line from going behind the number plate. After the handguards are fully installed in the desired position, trim the number plate flap on the left side leaving a minimal or no gap under the main handguard bar and inner mount (see picture #10).
6. Slide the bar end wedge clamp into the handlebar end and over the cable protruding from the inner mount simultaneously.
7. Push the bar end over the cable end as far as possible and tighten the set screw. Use medium lock tight on the set screws. Twist the bar ends up and down. Ensure they move past your brake, clutch lines, and lever ends without touching.
8. Tighten the bar end wedge bolts. The tighter the wedge bolts the firmer the guard position will be.
9. Put the plastic shields on the bar end. Use medium lock tight on the Allen screws.
10. Check and retighten bolts and screws during routine maintenance.
WARNING AND DISCLAIMER: All parts manufactured, designed or sold by Reflex Racing should be installed by a qualified motorcycle technician. Riding motorcycles can be dangerous. Serious injury, death and property damage can occur. Injury is increased by improper installation or misuse of equipment. Reflex Racing’s customers must exercise good judgment in the use, control, alteration, part selection and installation, and maintenance of their motorcycles. In the event of a possible defect in material or design, or any other defect in a part manufactured, designed or sold by Reflex Racing, the responsibility of Reflex Racing is limited to a refund of the purchase price or the replacement of the part if Reflex Racing determines the part to be defective, and subject to Reflex Racing’s inspection of the part within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. (Note: any attempted repairs or modifications made to Reflex Racing products will void this limited warranty). Reflex Racing, under no circumstances will be responsible for incidental and/or consequential damages, property damage, personal injury damage, or damage, injury, cost or expense of any kind or nature whatsoever except as provided by law. Reflex Racing makes no other warranty, express or implied, including without limitation any warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.